White Elephant

Monday, June 26, 2006

From the land of the Phone Whores...

So I get an email the other day that says:

So are you one of these dickheads?



http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13447232/


With a signature down here.

(Damn, I really am doing a Shitty job keeping up with people if that's the most personal e-mail I get in a month.)

Well the answer I sent back was "without listening to it yeah, more or less"
after listening to the clip that has been the talk of the office for past week including a couple of policy changes I retract my answer -

No I don't badger people, I'm not that kind of phone whore. I'm more of the - make eye contact, flirt a little, flash my tits kind of phone whore. If that doesn't get me into the car - I'll just move on there's another car coming.
The agent on that call did not show any respect for the guy who was calling in. Even if the bitter fat kid said "I don't use it" and the money grubbing agent saw a great quantity of time online, the phone business is no place to answer offence with offence. To do the job right it's like using a sniper rifle, and you need distance for that, the pushy salesman on the phone was trying to use a sniper rifle like a baseball bat, sure it'll take some people down but it ain't they way it's supposed to be used.
Personally as a coach - I don't think the guy should have been fired - I think he should be taught to respect people more and properly use the tools he's given.

Well I guess I'll go drop a few e-mails...

1 Comments:

At June 26, 2006 at 5:57:00 AM PDT, Blogger Phil said...

yeah -yeah, it's not HTML I just copied and pasted...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home