White Elephant

Friday, June 09, 2006

Woah

Shit I wonder if anyone else will find this, at this point I feel like I'm dropping a message in a bottle it's been so long since I was in touch.

The list of people who I have been thinking about (and obviously not) contacting is extensive.

To everyone in Chicago - I still owe all shades of Thank You's. It was such a great visit I almost forgot my original reason for returning was bad news based.

Moving forward, I've been working towards getting my Physical shape in tune. Given the conditions of my father's death; in and out of the hospital until his death at 63 - and my grandfather's death; fully mobile until a heart attack at 96 - I've got to choose the lifestyle that will let me have the most enjoyment out of my time on this earth.
So since I returned I've gone to the gym at least twice (three times the goal) a week. I'm doing about half an hour on elliptical machine then moving over to the weight machine and doing 60 plus reps of pull downs or butterfly's straight through with a low amount of weight; then after another quick stretch sitting back down and doing twelve with "real weight". I find that the real bodily pain is coming in two days later when I lose part of my full range of motion. Sarah says I need to stretch more, is she really always right?
I've also been slipping around with cigarettes - I had quit, then when I changed positions and was training back on the phones, they slipped back in - so I was smoking again in Chicago - quit again when I returned, started again last week and now for the third time I'll pick up Allen Carrs easy way to quit. They say three times a charm...
I've also, at the recommendation of the trainer at the gym as well as good sense stepped away from all the sugar crap I was consuming everyday. So my minimum of 1/2 a liter coke a day had no part of last week - as well I stayed away from the 1 sheqel chocolate covered peanut machine.
I think this was a big part of what pulled me back towards cigarettes last week (the first at work of "Sugar Free* June") to smoking. You get a break, and want some kind of self destructive treat that changes your body chemistry, right?

Well it looks like next week will have me off the phones and working on the next step of my training. Three more weeks and I'll have my new team =) So that means that I lose the phone cord leash which will make Phil a very happy camper.

The other things I've been doing since getting back, besides work and health. Sarah put Bearshare on the computer - so she's been collecting Doctor Who's and I've been getting episodes of Prison Break and comic books. (damn this thing slows down the machine while it's running) Though Bear share is taking some focus - it's nothing compared to hours upon hours I've spent listening to new musicand categorizing it all, sorting it all through itunes. I still haven't got any of my low memory mp3 players working right with the computer - though each one already has some music in it so I ain't suffrin'.

Well having decided to binge before purging - I came home last night "stinking of cigarettes" so I better go do some good around the house to keep some "Shalom in the home" - so a good weekend to all, and to all a Good Shabbos...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home